LinkedIn is a professional social networking site, mainly used for business and official purposes. Members of this networking site can create a contact list of their own and remain in touch with fellow colleagues and partners, and can also make new connections with people of similar profession or interest. However, LinkedIn has more to offer you than simply looking up for contacts. Through this site, one can sell products, expand one’s network, and grow one’s business and so on.
Using LinkedIn Effectively for Business
One of the primary purposes of LinkedIn is to maintain a list of contact details of fellow colleagues and business partners. This list of contacts can be used in several ways by the registered user:
- Through LinkedIn one can make new connections and contacts by the option of ‘mutual contact’. This enhances and expands one’s existing contacts and thereby creates a stronger base for business networking.
- LinkedIn can also be used to offer and find jobs. Employers can search for potential candidates for respective jobs, and employees can apply for the same, and they can review the profile of the company and the hiring manager.
- LinkedIn is a good option for business houses to find out the level of customer satisfaction and customer needs/demands through the option of survey and polls. The results can also be shared with the people in the contact list for suggestions and advice.
- Product promotion and advertising is another attractive feature that LinkedIn has to offer. It is a way of reaching out to more number of people across the world. Apart from introducing products to the people in the contact detail, a separate page can also be created for products to see the likes and dislikes of customers.
- Any special offer of the company, discounts and package deals can be put up by the company to create awareness.
Thus, LinkedIn can be effectively used for business purposes and has a lot to offer. It is a good option for enhancing your professional network.
If you have suggestions/questions and advice to help other readers, please add them to the comments section.