The popularity of social media in brand promotion, advertising, communication and building wider network of people has resulted in millions of people using and participating in the same, everyday. Nevertheless, social networking like any aspect of the internet comes with its upsides and downsides. The advantages and disadvantages of social media are,
- Building a larger network of potential customers.
- Improving brand awareness or visibility among internet users.
- Joining communities related to your interests and field.
- Interacting with customers through social media and encouraging feedbacks and reviews.
- Perfect for interactive communication, relationship management and reputation management.
- Indulging in social media unnecessarily results in waste of productive time.
- Social media addiction has become a common hazard of over exposure to social media platforms.
- Anonymity offered by internet can be used negatively by users namely for stalking online and annoying with spam messages.